Monday, October 18, 2010

{crochet} 18 down 252 to go

This weekend I decided to start working on a blanket. I normally don’t like to crochet blankets because they take a lot of time, though I will occasionally crochet baby blankets for friends or when requested.

I was going through my stash sorting through the yarn that I know I wouldn’t be using and discovered I had a lot of scrap yarn that I could still use. The only problem was that there were a lot of pieces in different lengths, so I got the bright idea to start working on a blanket, a granny square blanket. My only problem was that I don’t particular like joining granny squares. But I remembered seeing a blog that joined hexagons as you worked with a slip stitch and figured you could do the same with squares and low and behold when I went back and found the blog post the blogger also showed how to join with a slip stitch with squares.  You can find her tutorial here – joining granny squares.  Here are a few pictures of what I’ve gotten done this weekend.

centers
round two


round three
full block
joined w/ slip stitches at the corners and the spaces
I’ve already decided that I will probably be giving this blanket to a friend for Christmas and then maybe, possibly, most likely will try my hand at the hexagons for myself. I don’t know, maybe. I kinda have this thing about keeping extra stuff in my apartment and blankets are definitely in that category.

No comments: