Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I Bet You Think This Post is About You

me in an EENO rope scarf
It might not be about you, but surely is about me. :) Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Melissa, the girl behind issa.ino and I like to manipulate yarn with my favorite crochet hook, size K and finesse cardstock and pattern paper into fun greeting cards. I love getting mail. I procrastinate more than I’d like to. And I also like to cook.

I’m just now getting to this post because I figured you might want to know who I am and why I’m blogging here. And because that first post didn’t really say much.

I’m not much of a writer, but I’m a mean texter. I don’t much like talking on the phone or in big groups, I’m better one on one. Intimate conversations. Though I do love to chat for hours with my BFF and totally dominate the conversations. He doesn’t seem to mind though. Anywho…

Back in 1999 I decided I wanted to learn how to crochet and went to the library and picked up a book and taught myself how to crochet. I started with blankets and now manipulate the yarn into hats, cowls, scarves and wrist warmers. I never have enough yarn and stalk the Michael’s ads and yarn websites to see what’s on sale. Yarn can get pretty expensive. Well all craft supplies can get pretty expensive.

Back even further, in high school, I was an art class junkie. Collage and painting and photography and graphic design, basket weaving even. I had my hands in it all. So scrapbooking came easy to me and while I scrapbooked I dipped my toe into the realm of cardmaking and I loved it. Loved it so much I pretty much gave up scrapbooking in favor of it. Or maybe scrapbooking just lost it’s luster. I’m not sure.

I should also say that I love getting mail and have boxes of letters from friends when we (my family) or my friends moved about the country. That’s probably another reason why I like cardmaking so much. The art of written letters. Small treasures in the mail.

So yeah, that’s how I got here, crocheting and cardmaking. Hopefully I’m entertaining enough that you keep reading. If not, oh well. No love lost. :)

No comments: