Wednesday, September 5, 2012

WIP it - that pesky job

Photobucket

I most enjoyed the four day weekend I just had this past weekend. It was lovely. Then I had to go back to work for a day yesterday. I didn't realize how much I'd rather be at home blogging and creating and how much time it all takes up. Something has to change. A lottery win or something so I an stay home and blog and create. Works for me.

finishes:


Finally finished with Beginner's Quilt Along blocks. I just noticed when I went to crop the photo of block 12 that it was wrong. And who cares? Not this girl. I'm so done with HST. I liked them in the beginning and now I pretty much want to kick them into oncoming traffic. I think more than 75% of the blocks had HST in them. It was way too much.


I really wanted Lucy to be the first quilt I completed, but it didn't work out that way. Sharky was my first. This guy quilted up quick. Binding was not included in the kit that Quilts for Kids sent to me. They made a suggestion on using the extra backing  to bind, but it wasn't working for me so I just used some extra fabric I had that just happened to match. I think it turned out pretty well. I'll post more pics of this guy later.


This photo is before top stitching, but these are complete. These are part of the order my aunt submitted last week. I had fun picking fabrics out of my stash. She'll have a nice variety to choose from for the teachers. My darn walking foot caused TWO needles to break within twenty minutes while sewing these up. I was not a happy camper.

in progress:

[no picture]

Since homespun has decided to pick up my cowls for consignment I've been going through my yarn stash so I can get some crocheted up and sent over. So far I've got 2 finished and I'm in the middle of a third. I'll probably send about 6 or 7 over.

no progress:

  • Lucy
  • sewing machine cover
  • granny square quilt
  • bow ties
  • space invader pillow

Now that Sharky is done I should be able to get back to Lucy. I think I should be able to get her quilted up pretty quickly then I can start working on the granny square quilt. I also joined a Low Volume Swap so I'll be ordering fabric for that and cutting that up and sending it out. And then there's the Jack Attack Quilt Along. *smh* I shouldn't be joining anything that involves buying fabric but I have. I'll never learn my lesson. I've got some other ideas in my head too that I want to work on. Oi!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

Jerimi said...

Ha! I love your sentiment about kicking the HST into traffic. :)

Your work is so much fun!

Beth said...

I like how you added the sewing machine fund counter to your blog! Those blocks look cool in the fabrics you used.