Monday, May 21, 2012

{to do} - gimme fabric

How would we learn how to do stuff  from the comfort of our homes without YouTube? I spent a couple of hours this past week watching quilting tutorials on YT and I'm super excited to get started on some quilting. I don't know what I'm going to make yet though. I also looked up some easy dress and pillow patterns. (I found the most awesome fabric with bicycles on it. I really want it so I can make a fun summer dress, but it's so spendy.) Now all I have to do is accumulate all the proper supplies and then I can get to work. I'm such a craft nerd. *smh*  I already want to get a little more into embroidery and back into cross stitch. I really do need to just craft full time. How can we make this happen?
  • finish up minnie mouse outfit for aunt JL
  • graduation cards for aunt SM
  • father's day cards, maybe some mother's day cards too
  • purge rubber stamps (sell/donate)
  • organize scrapbooking/card supplies
  • sew first pillowcase
Two projects for family members this week. It makes me happy when my family comes to me when they need/want something and it's something I'm capable of doing. They tend to challenge me with some projects too. The minnie mouse outfit isn't something I'd normally make, but I took the challenge and so far it's pretty cute.

No comments: