Friday, November 2, 2012

NANOCRAFTED - a crafty challenge

A friend posted on FB asking if anyone wanted to join her for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month - a writing challenge). I'm not big on writing (of the novel/story variety) but told her if there was a crafty version I'd be down because I have 100+ greeting cards to make plus a full line for Handmade Promenade. That's how NaNoCraftEd was born.

Yeah, so Handmade Promenade and Indie Gift Box will be keeping me super busy this month. That means nothing on my 100 Day Hustle will probably get done. I don't know why, but I kinda saw that happening. I did get one thing done on my list though. I finally got my Aunt's cards and card holders finished and sent off to her. Too bad it took me A LOT longer than it should have.

So here is my NaNoCraftEd to do list. I'm going to try my best to check in AT LEAST once a week with my progress. The majority of this list needs to be finished by November 21. The rest of it (valentine cards) doesn't need to be done until the first week of December. The only problem I see right now is running out of supplies. I'm running out of yarn and because I won't get paid until items sell I don't have any extra cash on hand to buy yarn. Which is part of the reason why I'm having a sale in my shop right now.


Having a sale will earn me some extra cash for supplies and help make up for the fact that my hours are being cut at work AGAIN! So, all weekend long everything in my shop is 20% off. This includes custom orders as well. All items are already discounted so you don't need a special code.

All this holiday/vending crafting should most definitely help get me out of my crafting funk. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Katie said...

just checked out your shop! so cute!