Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WIP it - pillows plus

Photobucket

I'm working on getting back into sewing after all the Valentine cards I'd made a few weeks ago. It's slow going. I was going to just do a post on this pillow on it's own, but I thought it'd be a good for WIP Wednesday.


finishes:
  • tessellation plus pillow to accompany my log cabin plus pillow
  • one lone infant size polar bear hat (not pictured)

in progress:
  • reusable napkins
  • more bear hats for consignment
no progress:
  • sewing machine cover
  • Lucy - Lucy's Crab Shack quilt
  • BQA
  • Bernadette - granny square quilt
  • Sally - simpatico fabric
I really like how this last pillow turned out. I'm still on the fence about the binding though. I rushed through it and it's not perfect or near perfect and it bugs the shit out of me. I still have some more work to do on being patient while I work on binding. These guys don't currently have a place to live, they don't have names either.  I need to work on that.

I will also need to make another pillow as one of my friends is plotting to steal this one. Not gonna happen. I'd rather just make her one and be done with it. Ha! I can call it a late holiday gift or something like that.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

11 comments:

Lisa said...

So pretty. Absolutely adore the colours! Orange is always a winner in my books. Visiting from WIP wednesday.

Nat at Made in Home said...

I love the pillows! The colour palette is so fresh!

maryandpatch.blogspot.com said...

I love the binding you put on your pillows. Great idea!

Sewing Mom said...

It's lovelly and the colors are great too! I just picked up some scrapbook paper with the same colors this week. =)

Patchwork Mill, Maria said...

Beautiful pillows!

Melia Mae Quilting said...

Beautiful pillows. When you sew binding around the edges of your pillows, do you sew the sides together at a 1/4 inch seem?

Unknown said...

beautiful pillows! I love your color combos, they can come live with me :)

Anonymous said...

amazing pillows - looove them

Tina Craig said...

Oooh! I love the fabrics in your pillow.

Marit said...

Your second pillow came out awesome! Love all the color:)

Jennie said...

I really like your plus cushion - reminds me I must finish mine!