Sunday, September 29, 2013

holidays are coming...

It's the end of September, SEPTEMBER. Where has this year gone?

I applied to be in the Handmade Promenade Holiday Pop Up Shop again this year and my application was accepted so I'm back in make mode again. I'm a crocheting and sewing machine. I've been thinking about applying to another holiday pop up shop, but I'm also in the middle of restocking consignment shops and working on 100 Quilts, 100 Kids. I might have spread myself a bit thin already and don't need to be adding to my list for right now. I have a week to decide if I want to apply.

Every year I say I'm going to make all year long so that I'm prepared for the end of the year and every year I don't. One of these years I'm going to get it right. Maybe 2014? I guess we'll see.

I need more supplies. Yarn, fabric, batting, zippers, etc. More things I could have slowly collected throughout the year.


The 100 Quilts, 100 Kids campaign has ended. And I raised about $360. I've also received some generation donations of fabric from a FB friend as well as a local fabric shop. I've also put in a few etsy trade inquiries and had a few etsy fabric shops tell me they'd be happy to trade and willing to throw in a bit extra. I appreciate the kindness of strangers.

Even though I'm gathering fabric and what not, my main focus right now are the pop up shop and consignment, so I'll be slowly working on quilts. I'll be using the proceeds from these holiday sales to buy more fabric. After the holidays I'll be able to spend more time putting quilts together. I'm looking forward to sitting down and making these quilts.

Hopefully I'll a) remember to blog more of my progress and b) find the time to blog more of my progress. Wish me luck.

Oh and organizing my craft space...I had a good start on it...then I got stalled. *womp womp*

No comments: