Wednesday, February 5, 2014

WIP it - getting crafty

Photobucket

I don't think I did any sewing last week. I spent half the week hanging out and eating good food in Chicago and the rest of the week laying down trying to be still because I hurt my back. Not sure what the deal with my back is, but probably once a year it takes me out of the game for a few days to a couple of weeks. It's a pain.
I was perusing the internets this past week looking for plans to make an end table and a microwave cart and came across an kids art display. Once I saw it I knew immediately that it'd be perfect for holding quilts too. It was super simple to make and it cost me less than $3 in supplies to make. It's just a strip of 1 x 2 x 6 wood and some clothes pins. I painted it a dark teal to create some contrast and attached it to my wall with poster strips. That's apartment living for you. It holds quilt tops just fine, I'm not sure how it'll do with quilts. I'll find out eventually.

finishes:
  • more texting gloves
  • glasses display rack
  • quilt holder display
in progress:
  • 100 Quilts, 100 Kids: Quilt 001 - stacked coins
  • 100 Quilts, 100 Kids: Quilt 002 - basket weave
  • 100 Quilts, 100 Kids: Quilt 003 - stacked newspapers (my computer ate the picture of this one)
  • 100 Quilts, 100 Kids: Quilt 004 - beginner's quilt along
  • 100 Quilts, 100 Kids: Quilt 005 - beginner's quilt along and then some
  • Telissa's napkins
  • 100 Quilts, 100 Kids: Quilt 006 - under the stars
no progress:
  • everything else
 
100 Quilts, 100 Kids: Quilt 006 - under the stars

I'm still trying to figure out how I want to make my labels. I had one idea, but scrapped it. I have another idea to keep them simple, but haven't worked on the design. I really need to work on that this week. I think it'll go on the top of my to do list. I also need to work on some Valentine's cards since the blessed "holiday" is just over a week away. I've sold a few via my website already and I'm hoping to sell a handful more. They're usually a good money maker for me and I could use the extra funds right now.


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

Sarah Fredette said...

That's a great idea! Thanks for sharing.