Sunday, April 13, 2014

fabriclust, labels and mother's day

This photo has nothing to do with quilting, but I wanted to share it anyway. 
That's a bacon grilled cheese on Belgian waffles. Best sandwich idea I ever had.

I'm in deep fabriclust right now. I want all the fabrics so I can make all the quilts and all the pillows. Then I want to build forts with all the quilts and watch movies outside under the sky. I've been torn with spending money on fabric and depositing any extra money I have in my Disneyland and car funds. It's such a hard decision. Geesh money, why are you always keeping me from having fun, being great and doing good? Ha!

After many months of going back and forth about how I wanted to label the 100 Quilts, 100 Kids quilts I finally designed and ordered labels for them. I almost gave up because I couldn't come up with a design that I liked that would also be easy to attach and leave me space to add extra information.. I ordered them from spoonflower along with labels for my own personal quilts as well. They will hopefully ship by Tuesday. I'm looking forward to getting them so I can start finishing up this pile of quilts I have sitting in a tub.

100 Quilts, 100 Kids No. 7 (Sasparilla)

I've been using large prints for the quilts at this point, but have decided to switch to solid fabric for the backs because in the long run solid fabrics are less expensive. I even happened upon a source that sells Moda Bella Solids for $4.99/yd. That's about half the price of a print. Much better on my pockets. I'm also looking for a source for cotton thread. I totally forgot I'd need different colored thread for quilting. I've got a few spools of some basic colors, but I need a few more spools.

100 Quilts, 100 Kids No. 8 (Simpatico, I won this fabric in a giveaway a year or so ago)

The quilt holder strip that I had attached to my wall fell off a few weeks ago and I haven't bothered to reattach it just yet. I decided I want to repaint it before I put it back up. When it fell it was probably about 2AM and it scared the shit out of me since I have it in my bedroom. I thought someone was trying to break through my wall.


With all this quilting going on and knowing all the quilts I've been working on will be donated, I was getting a little bummed that I didn't have a quilt for myself. So I picked up some Honeycrisp and when I finish this next quilt top I'm going to work on a small quilt for myself. I suspect I'll have a good amount of scraps left and I'll be using those to make another quilt for 100 Quilts, 100 Kids.


Probably in the next week or so I'll be switching into card making mode since Mother's Day is coming up next month. My goal is to have at least 50 cards made. My goal is also to sell ever last one of them. I mean...everyone has a mother. So if you're looking for a beautifully made card for mom, send me a message. I'd love to make one for you.

No comments: