Friday, September 12, 2014

100 Quilts, 100 Kids: Quilt 003 - BQA 2.0


And number 3 is complete too. I took the remaining 4 BQA blocks and made 5 more blocks to create this quilt. I planned to make it mostly churn dash blocks, but didn't have enough scraps to do it so I ended up with 1 extra churn dash block and 4 blocks made from 2.5 inch squares. Those 4 blocks are my favorite blocks from this quilt.

I forgot the binding for this quilt was the pink and khaki stripes when I added the border. I don't really like the binding with the border. Oh well.


There is a boo boo on the blue churn dash block where my block is square up and it's a little short and doesn't catch the white strip. I fixed it the best I could. You don't really notice it.

The backing is the same as Quilt 002.



Quilt Stats:

  • Size: Approx. 41” x 41” 
  • Pattern: leftover blocks from a BQA and 5 extra blocks made to go with
  • Fabric: California Girl by Moda Fabrics
  • Quilting -echo squares around each block and around the middle square of each block

Finished Quilt 009

No comments: