Tuesday, September 9, 2014

100 Quilts, 100 Kids: Quilt 002 - BQA 1.0


Quilt number two complete. I finished this girl at the end of August. The blocks were actually from a Beginner's Quilt Along I did about two years ago. There were 13 blocks total. The BQA made me dislike HST, but now we're okay and I almost kind of like them.

I couldn't decide how I wanted them laid out and then couldn't decide if I wanted to finish the quilt for myself so I pulled 9 of the blocks for this quilt.


The backing is the blue floral found in the middle square of the bottom left corner block. Now of course I want to keep this quilt for myself...a larger version though. 


I might like to break the rules sometimes. 

Quilt Stats:

  • Size: Approx. 41” x 41” 
  • Pattern: miscellaneous blocks from a BQA
  • Fabric: California Girl by Moda Fabrics
  • Quilting - straight line diagonal and up and down through the middle of each block

Finished Quilt 008

No comments: