Thursday, September 4, 2014

Hello Kitty is My Homegirl and I finished another quilt


I love it. I love it. I love it. This bag is the bees knees.

This is the first bag I've ever made and I think I did a pretty good job. It's noodlehead's cargo duffle bag with a couple of modifications.

I made it my own by  removing the cargo pockets and adding a side pocket on both ends and then I also chose to line the inside instead of binding it and I even added a welt pocket. I've never  made a welt pocket before. It was easier than I thought it would be.

I have plans to make a few more of these, but I'm going to make some more modifications. I've seen a couple of solid bags and really like them solid. So far I like this one the most thought because well...Hello Kitty.

I am now the owner of a Hello Kitty suitcase, Hello Kitty backpack, Hello Kitty tote and now a Hello Kitty duffle bag. (I might also own some Hello Kitty Vans.) Addicted much?


Last week I finished the second quilt for 100 Quilts, 100 Kids. I didn't think I'd have time to do any regular quilting because I'm supposed to be packing to move and actually finding a place to live, but I just needed to quilt.

I will do a proper post after I can get this girl washed. She also needs a name.

Lots of procrastinating. Less than 100 days until Yelp's Bazaar and I don't have much made yet. I really need to get on that.

No comments: