I finished the Rikke hat I working on last week and turned my Dunaway scarf into a Rikke scarf. I didn't really care for the ribbing or the slipped stitches, so I eliminated them from the pattern and have renamed the pattern the Rikke scarf...because I'm making it to go with the Rikke hat. And that makes sense to me.
I also started working on my Molly Walker shawl. I don't care for the m1R increases because I have a hard time knitting the increase and splitting the yarn. The Molly Walker has these increases. Instead of modifying the pattern to a different, easier increase, I've decided to stick them out and power through. The fabric being created is beautiful. I'm so happy I chose the Gal Noir as the colorway for it. I think my friend will really like it.
I intended to make myself a drawstring bag, but made it too short so now I have a nice bowl with a zipper pocket on the inside. Fine by me. A lot of new project bags in the shop that I finished up this weekend. I was a sewing machine Friday and Saturday. I have fabric cut for a few more and will be listing those this week.
Anything made with the Hello Kitty fabric I purchased was snatched up immediately. Yay!!! Everybody loves Hello Kitty. I've got a ton of scraps left from fussy cutting the fabric and I can't bring myself to throw them out so I'm going to make myself a Franken Kitty something or other with them. Probably a pouch for my knitting things.
Yelp's Totally Bazaar
I'm still trying to finalize the headband pattern. I just can't decide. I keep starting one and then don't like how it's turning out so I frog and start over. I may need to give up on it.
I did figure out a pattern for my apron though, happy to mark that off my list. I just need to purchase the fabric and get it sewn up.
Next up to work on are hats. A simple knit beanie with a pom pom on the top. And to choose colors and start saving up for yarn. It's stock pile time.