Tuesday, June 26, 2012

WIP it - a lot going on

I feel like I have a lot of sewing projects going on right now. This is new. I kinda like it. I'm excited to get to a finished product though.


I have the design and fabric cut for the pillow I'm doing for Mommy for Reals/TRAC. I don't know what you'd call that design, but I was inspired by a pillow on Flickr that I can't find. (Really, I'm a tad bit lazy to look for it and my computer is slow as molasses right now and I don't have the patience.) The grey will be the binding and backing. I'm thinking about using the same fabrics for a baby quilt for a friend. I really love the La Dee Da by Erin McMorris.


Here are the first three blocks for the Beginner's Quilt-Along. I was behind and now thankfully, I'm all caught up. I still need to buy one or two more solids for the sashing for this quilt. I'm in no rush though. We still have nine weeks to go. I love this California Girl fabric. I may have to buy more of it for something else.


And lastly my Lucy's Crab Shack Zig Zag quilt. I calculated the width wrong so it'll be much longer than it is wide. I'm still trying to figure out how I want to fix it, since it'll be an easy fix. Also, I keep seeing folks with design boards. I feel like I need one of those for this. I think I'll have to google how to make one, unless someone can point me in the direction on how to make one. I think it'd be really helpful with this quilt top.

I hope to get the pillow case done this week so I can get it into the mail ASAP. I believe the deadline is July 6th. I want to be ahead of the game so that I can possible make an extra pillow case. A lot of sewing to do on top of crocheting and possibly card making. I need to put some focus back into issa.ino business.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

14 comments:

Amy said...

Very nice! I love the zig zag! I just finished one, now to quilt it.

Kristy QP said...

Loving the zig zag. That design is on my to-do list. Someday! :)

tartankiwi said...

What a cool zigzag quilt that's going to be!Love it!

Marit said...

Love the Cali Girl fabric too (accidentally bought 2 layer cakes of this, so now need to find something to do with it). Here is a good tutorial for a design wall: http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/2011/04/how-to-make-a-simple-design-wall.html

Kelly said...

Love the zig zag!

Melissa said...

@Amy @Kristy QP @tartankiwi @Kelly - Thanks! I hope to get to sewing it together this weekend when I'm FINALLY off from work.

@Marit - I want to buy more Cali Girl to stash away for later. And thanks for that tutorial link. Looks pretty easy to do. Gonna have to make my list of supplies for that.

felicity said...

I am loving the looks of that plus quilt (that is what I call them, anyhow)!

A design wall is a great tool for quilting - I just bought a cheap flannel-backed vinyl tablecloth and tacked it up on the wall with used sewing machine needles. It works great!

felicity said...

p.s. thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

kaelah beauregarde said...

I'm totally in love with the fabric choices! the orange and white polka dots especially ;)

Dorothy Explora said...

...wish i had the patience to start and complete my own quilt! in due time.. :)

dorothy
THEYMAYSAYTHATIMADREAMER.BLOGSPOT.COM

alex said...

The fabrics are so pretty!

Claire Jain said...

LOL! I'm all about busting out the graph paper before I start sewing. Cool design!

Leslie said...

all of these are great fabrics!

Melissa said...

Thanks ladies.

@Claire I also discovered today I can design quilt blocks with LEGO bricks. That's the nerdy girl in me. LOL!