Monday, August 12, 2013

Campaign Update: 5.5 quilts

We're about two weeks into the campaign and we've got enough funding for 5.5 quilts. That's making a difference in 5.5 kids lives. I've also had a couple of friends say they are going to donate fabric as well. Also awesome.

I've had a couple of companies contact me saying they'd love to help me get my campaign more followers...but of course they want me to pay them. And they only guarantee followers, not donations or actual support. Ummm...no thanks. I'm trying raise money, not spend it.

I ordered some basic fabric and thread. I need to start looking for a few simple patterns to work from. I'm ready to get sewing, but I've got a customer quilt to work on first and I'm still cleaning up my craft stash. It's a slow process. I've got several boxes laying about and when I walk past something I don't have any current use for I dump it in the appropriate box.

Anywho, this week is going to be a long one. I'm working at least 9 days straight. My regular job, plus a temp job with third shift hours. I feel like I should be storing up my sleep so I can stay up for this late shift. I'm not a coffee or soda drinker so I'll have to find another source of caffeine.

No comments: