Friday, May 2, 2014

Meet Gertrude


She's here! After waiting for what felt like forever, Gertrude is finally here or Gertie for short or Big G when she's feeling gangsta. Ha! I decided on the Singer 9960 and picked her up on Amazon for half off. I looked at a couple of other machines, but this was the one that was in my budget and had a lot of the things I was looking for (the table, drop in bobbin, variety of stitches, etc.).

I'm happy to have a new machine to work with and so far she sews like a dream. Quiet and many options. I think I have every foot I'll ever need. I haven't gotten to play with her too much because it's Mother's Day card season and card supplies have taken over my craft table at the moment. I'm trying and failing at finishing up cards so I can get back to sewing. One more week or less maybe.

I have many projects planned now that I have Gertrude and have bought a lot fabric over the last couple of weeks. It's like fabric heaven around here for me. I still have a list of fabric I want to buy for even more projects. I'm turning into a fabric junkie. I'm okay with that. I need to limit myself when fabric browsing though. I get so sucked in and then it's two or three hours later and I haven't gotten anything accomplished and I'm slightly disappointed because all the fabric I'm lusting over is somewhere that is not in my hands.

The universe needs to let me win the fabric lottery or just the lottery in general. I do have some plans that I will be putting in action so that I can get my hands on some more fabric. My pesky job kind of gets in the way though.

I'm looking forward to finishing up some of the quilts I've started so that I can share them here. I have some plans to rework my 100 Quilts project to make the fabric decisions easier. I wish I'd thought of it sooner.

Anywho, I shall leave you with the photo below just for fun. Creeper status. I was out visiting a friend at his art show.




No comments: